So after much internal struggle about whether I could handle this huge change/chapter, I have decided to suck it up. I am a bit bitter about not going last October because I chose that month for the very reason why I hate it here in February. Weather! The roads are shite here, its cold and the same idiots live here as at home. If this would have been October I would have looked forward to some park walking in the fall colours, getting to come home on the weekends and being able to walk to the Y. Alas I cannot turn back time so I am stuck here for February. The forecast is pretty shitty too. Did I mention the roads are pathetic?
I must give a shout out to my Dad who drove Mom up along with my extra suitcases that would not fit in my jeep because of the D O G, and then headed back home. He got all our stuff hauled in and my jeep plugged in (after trying to find the plug for 20 minutes in -24C. Thank goodness he could help us. Mom is also a bit disabled with a bad wing.
Now what have we accomplished and sorted in the last 24 hours:
- Rearranged kitchen
- Rearranged furniture
- Rearranged bedrooms
- Changed bedrooms
- Got groceries from very close Sobeys
- Got Cali sorted-she loves her little yard
- Added some floor mats because Cali has some issues walking on laminate.
- Rigged up redneck Cable as we found out that this place does not have cable- I WAS GUTTED.
- Googled how to watch cable without cable.
- Downloaded FREERANGE Shaw app.
- Does not work on this Apple TV so hook it up through my laptop.
- Search for one show we can agree on and leave it. No channel surfing for the next month! Ugh!
- We have Apple TV but that is far from the same.
- Each had 2 steam showers because it is as dry as crackers on the sun here!!
- Set up humidifier for room one.
- Going to buy humidifier 2 for room two.
- Use both humidifiers in the main room during the day. I do not do well when it is TOO dry.
- Cali has settled in the best out of all of us.
- We drove our route to the U of A Hospital to see where we are going tomorrow morning.insert shitty drivers here!
- Stopped by the Y – which is 3 blocks from condo for a one month membership.
- Bought Cali a new harness as I forgot hers in YYC.
- Meal planned.
- Organized my med command central
- Did meds
- Rearranged furniture again
Now we are settled in for the night, getting ready for the start of the next chapter. I am looking forward to getting day one over with, taking Cali to dog park and going to the Y for a good 5km row! We may venture over to West Ed or leave it for Tuesday. I really appreciate the texts,fb messages and emails. They keep me going. I have to be honest I feel pretty broken right now. Hoping this next month puts me back together.